Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July Weekend


Family Photo (the boys were obviously not excited!)



We have had an amazing weekend!! We got to see all of our parents at one point or another, so that is always good. And we got to see some family that we just don't get to see that often. Mikey had the day off on Friday, so we got to spend the day at home. It was nice not to have anything to do, but man were we bored by the afternoon. Just so happened that Randy and Walissa were bored too, so I called Momma to see if the boys could spend the night, and the four of us headed to Nashville. We decided on P.F. Changs for dinner. It was sooooo delicious. That is so not a good picture of me, but we were having technical difficulties so I had to make do. Afterward, we went to Green Hills and saw The Hangover. It is absolutely hilarious, very crude, but hilarious. Definately not a family friendly film, but we laughed really hard. We didn't get home until after 1:00 am, and were exhausted. I don't think I moved until about 9 the next morning. So we got up and went to Momma's to get the boys, then I headed to the Y to exercise (told you I was obsessed, even on a holiday!! haha!!).






For lunch on the 4th, we headed over to my great-great-aunt Hazel's house. She is Grandmother's sister. That was the first time I had seen all of that side of the family since Grandmother passed. It was hard for me to be there without her, but I know that she would definately want for all of us to still get together for holidays and things. She was such a special lady and I still miss her everyday. Anyway, we had some yummy food that I ate way too much of and got to just hang around for a while and visit. I tried my hardest to get up a kickball game, but no onw wanted to play with me, oh well maybe next year (it was probably better anyway, I was saved of the embarassment of being picked last!) Aidan had an amaizing time playing in that fountain. He kept looking at all of us like, "am I not going to get in trouble for this?" It was pretty cute.




After lunch, we all really needed a nap so we went home to rest before the evening festivities. That night we went to Memaw's house for a party. The food was delicious and the company was great!! Sadly, because of the storms, we did not get to shoot fireworks. So instead we played Cranium WOW (which by the way is the funnest game ever!). We got about halfway through the game, then it happened.......Alex threw up all over the kitchen floor (and a little on Walissa....which was sort of funny because she doesn't like vomit!! haha!!) I don't have any pictures from the night time because I forgot my camera, but Ms. Kathy is supposed to email me hers. So I will try to remember to put some up once she emails me!! It was a great fourth of July!!


In other news, Alex learned to pee standing up!! His Daddy is so proud!!



and so is he............

No comments:

Post a Comment