Monday, July 27, 2009

Camping and Makeover

We got home from camping yesterday at about 12:00 and we were exhausted! The boys slept for 4 hours each and I slept a good two hours myself. As for Mikey, not sure, he was awake when I went to sleep and awake when I got up. We had a really good time. We got there around 5:30 Friday afternoon, everyone else had been there all day, so everything was set up and ready to go. We had burgers that night and they were sooo good. I love a good charcoal-grilled hamburger!! Mikey, Sloane and I stayed up late and watched Taken, which was really good and I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it yet (I know I said that we were camping, but we "camp" with a satellite dish, airconditioning and indoor plumbing). Saturday morning, Sloane and I went for a run (which was terrible, but I was glad that I did it) and then came back and ate a good breakfast, homemade biscuits, sausage, bacon, gravy, eggs, my kind of breakfast! After that we decided that it would be a great idea to play some two-hand touch football. It was really fun, until Mom got hurt. She and Jeff were both going up for a pass and they both fell and she landed on his knee. His knee is fine, but it caught her right in the ribs. I think she may have cracked one, but she refused to go get an x-ray, so we don't know for sure. After that, Aidan was exhausted, so I took him in the camper and we both passed out. I woke up to him fussing at about 3:00, we had both been asleep for 3 hours and I didn't even know I went to sleep. Most everyone else had gone out on the boat for some skiing and knee boarding. That night we had homemade barbeque (yummy!!) and for desert we had key lime pie. Tracie squeezed the limes herself and it delicious! Sunday morning we woke up and ate breakfast and packed up and headed home. It was a great weekend, but I was so ready to come home. I think I must be getting old or something because my whole body hurts from not sleeping in my own bed. Before you know it I will be one of those people that travels with all of my pillows because I can't sleep on anything else!

Today is back to real life. I think Aidan is getting sick, so we didn't go to the "live" this morning. You aren't allowed to bring them if they have green snot, and he has it running down his face pretty much all the time(he is getting really annoyed with me chasing him with a tissue!), so we would have just gotten sent home if we did. I guess I'll have to go when Mikey gets home. He will be 1 year old on Friday and I am having a hard time with it. My baby isn't a baby anymore and I am sad! Sorry that this post was so long, but I had a lot to catch up on! By the way, did you notice anything different??? If not, you must not pay attention to anything, I spent my morning giving my blog a makeover (I am such a productive housewife!). Have a good day!

P.S. Rachel, I hope you had a great time in Florida!!

No comments:

Post a Comment